Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Hoping It Gets Better

For four days, I have done very little in relation to my writing projects. I've written maybe 500 words. I've been focused on something that is just as equally important, Lil Miss.

I've said it before and I will say it again. I am homeschooling my daughter. TO homeschool is a personal decision and should not be taken lightly. It's also a learn as you go process. You can research, google, bookmark every blog and kit you can find but only you and your child can decide which is the best for you.

For me, I'm piecing all of my lesson plans together, looking for what interests Lil Miss and would be the most influential. And let me tell you, it is not easy.

I have a whole new respect for teachers. Especially elementary and primary school teachers. They have to come up with lessons for all disciplines while making sure each lesson plan appertains to each individual child's learning style, and keeps it fun and engaging to keep interest.

Other than that, I had a dentist appointment yesterday. Oh what fun that was. I have no problem with the extractions, fillings, or root canals. My problem is with the numbing agent, the needle. God, I hate the needle. I have no idea why I have such an irrational fear of needles, but I do. Other than being tired all day after having 2 teeth pulled, I've been sitting at this desk looking up info on the HB2 bill that was signed into action 3 weeks ago.

Like most people I was confused about the bill, and thankfully, I have a friend who clarified it all for me. I hate what such a large step backward is doing to our people and our economy. This is proof positive that one man can change so much.

I hope we as a state stand up and vote to get these discriminatory laws eliminated. They don't make anyone safer. They don't make your beliefs stronger or weaker. They don't change who you are as a person. Why is it such a problem to let people be who they really are?

I want to hear what you think, let me know in the comments below.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What me to address a certain topic? Have an opinion? Share it! I want to know what you have to say.