Saturday, March 19, 2016

The Things You Find Online

It is a known fact that you can find anything, and I do mean anything, on the internet.

Especially when you're doing research that involves mythical creatures.

Hence, I present to you a journey to the perfect mini-vacay: Mermaids.

Whilst Googling pictures for mermaid inspiration I came across this article by ABCNews. It introduces a school in Canada, specifically a mermaid school. AquaSirene is a school where you can buy/rent mermaid tails and learn to swim just like a mermaid. This is one of my childhood fantasies come alive. I think it's a lot of people's fantasies.

Well, of course now I want to go to Canada, but we all know that just ain't happening. So I've searched for the next best thing: a mermaid show. That lead me to the South Carolina Aquarium, where the Weeki Wachee Mermaids will put on one of their famous shows at the end of March. (The Weeki Wachee Mermaids are located in Spring Hill, Florida where they put on daily shows. More here and here.)

Well, that's too close to Easter to be able to do anything with, so I continued my search and happened across an article boasting 10 Popular Mermaid Exhibits in the US. And I found a show right in my backyard: Ripley's Aquarium in Myrtle Beach, SC.

Can you imagine the excitement? Lil Miss was thrilled when she snuck up behind me and saw what I was looking at. More importantly, the shows are every weekend, close to home, and affordable.

Hallelujah!!

Now if only I can convince the hubby.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What me to address a certain topic? Have an opinion? Share it! I want to know what you have to say.